Sunday, February 12, 2006

So, two Rabbis get into a Volvo...

In what sounds like one of the many bad jokes I've been known to tell, today I got into a fender-bender with two Orthodox Jewish Rabbis. I had stopped at a zebra crossing to allow a very determined and harassed looking mother and her small toddler cross the road. I looked up into my rearview mirror to check my makeup as I waited and instead watched in slow motion-like horror as a dark Volvo came speeding towards my bumper. Out loud and to noone in particular, I muttered oh no as our bumpers came to be one in a soft thud and that aching sound of crunching metal.

I couldn't quite believe it when I got out and walked over to the other car, only to be greeted by two men with little curls and big black hats, each with a matching concerned and slightly stunned look.

I have to admit, I felt like crying. My poor little car, defiled yet again. And so, I've returned to my student flat, sans car and once again at the mercy of public transport. And whilst I will have to deal with feelings of frustration when having to take the bus to university, at least I will not have that slight edge every time a car alarm goes off on my street or some yobs run past it.

Anyhoo, I need to be unpacking as I've returned with a very heavy wheelie case full of clothes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home