Friday, February 03, 2006

On being ill

Does ANYONE out there know how to get rid of a cold?! This god damn virus has been sitting in my nose for the better part of a week and if I didn't know better, I'd think it was sinusitis again but I'm too scared to go to the doctor's and it is, again.

My last battle with sinusitis was about 18 months ago, after Reading 2004. After spending three days camping in marshland with our own river running right outside our tent, we were also subject to the burning plastic toxic smoke on the last night of the festival, which as luck would have it, blew straight into our tent.

Two days after the festival, I was due to fly to Prague with the boyfriend to stay with my mum, who was there filming Oliver Twist. When I got there, after a miserable flight, my mother took one look at me and summoned a doctor. I was taken to the hospital and after breathing in various tubes, taking x-rays of my lungs and having my nose and throat poked by various doctors who spoke to each other in czech, I was informed I had toxic poisoning and sinusitis. Basically, the smog from the final night had settled into a layer of nastiness in my lungs and had to fight it's way up and my sinus' were fucked to shreds. Cue antibiotics and advise to try and hack up as much of the shit in my lungs as possible.

Pleasant, right?

But now that same stuffiness is hitting me way after a normal cold should've left and I can't help wondering if it's a repeat of it all. I can't really afford to spend any more time in bed but with the weather as cold as it is, indoors seems a very good place to be. Althoug walking back from the pool hall in the weird suspended animation rain and plummeting temperatures probably won't help it much, if I'm honest.

Guess I'll just have to see what happens tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home