Monday, February 06, 2006

Blog Burgled!

I've been blog-burgled!

Some of you who read blog may've noticed that over the weekend any posts I put up on here and any comments you may have posted are non-evident. No, I have not been on a clear out crusade or just lazy, instead my blogger apparently went insane. I'd like to take a moment here to say that blogger support have been absolutely NO help whatsoever.

The most I've had has been an automated reply that featured FAQs that had no relevance when I read them on the site and certainly had no added relevance when I read them a second time in the auto-email. So I sent yet another email detailing the problem and still nothing. [sighs]

Anyway, a recap of sorts now. So, Saturday morning I wake up, get dressed and decide to go for a walk and spend some money that I don't really have. I look out of my window when my car alarm gets set off by a passing lorry, only to notice a strange shadow on the bonnet. Thinking that it's probably dirt I think nothing more of it, deciding to check it on my way.

I get my bag and walk out of my flat and cross the road to see my car. When I get there, I stop dead in my tracks. Why? Well, the pictures below will be pretty self-explanatory.





My baby! So, I called the boyfriend who came and stood next to me in the freezing cold whilst I paid 55p a minute to speak to the police and file a crime report. It was very apparent that someone had decided to walk along roofs of cars, rather than the pavement. Luckily, not only had the yobs who did this left their footprints, a neighbour of mine- concerned about his own car- happened to glance out of the window and see the entire thing. He then jumped into his car and drove around the block, looking for the hooligans who'd felt it would be entertaining to jump off the roof of my landlady's car (also dented) and onto the bonnet of mine, and came across them in the kebab shop round the corner, where they were duly recorded on CCTV.

Forensics rocked up a few hours after I filed my report took photographs of the footprints and finger prints on all of the cars and took the video footage from the kebab shop. It was all very exciting and CSI-ish, and whilst I know that there is slim-to-no-chance of them being caught, I hold out hope as I have friends who committed this very crime a few years ago, being caught out by a footprint that one of their flip-flops left on a roof. They were caught, forced to pay fines and damages and got put on probation as they had no prior records.

With these kids, I hope their asses end up in juvie.

Long and short of it, my car has to be towed back up to London today and I am left vehicle-less. ARGH.

However, yesterday was a little better. The boyfriend and I went to see the really rather wonderful Jose Gonzalez, who found fame recently with the bouncing balls advert for Sony. If not, click the still below to see some more stills and jog your memory:




It would've been even better if I hadn't had some broadbacked badly permed chav blocking my view for most of the time after taking three attempts to heave her overweight ass onto the crammed bar where we were perched and blocking EVERYONE's view.

Right. I have to go call the towing company about my car. More later, provided this blog doesn't disappear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home