Wednesday, November 30, 2005

will work for clean socks

Some days, I surprise even myself. In the last seven hours, I've written a 2000 word essay from scratch, having woken up with a worse version of the fluey symptoms that I went to bed with. It usually takes me two days or so to write a 2000 word essay but owing to my presentation yesterday and the time that took, I was just glad that I'd done my preparation last week.

This is the first time I've been so organised. I marvel at this because I've never been organised. I am messy, I am scatty, I am also a pothead. The chances therefore of something like this happening are so small, so absolutely miniscule that I feel like I've won the lottery or something really quite wonderful.

It may not be a great essay but under my constraints and my inner feelings of cotton-wool-head that seems to come with the flu, I will consider this an acheivement, at least until I get my mark.

So that's it, the final piece of work that I have left. And it's done. Everyone else is still beavering away, and I'll get to spend my days catching up on sorting my life out. I have three weeks worth of laundry to do and no clean sheets left. I am in desperate need of clean socks, the opportunity to see my boyfriend and generally, reclaim my life.

As of 4pm tomorrow, I will be found in my local laundrette, reading a magazine- something I haven't done in a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home