Saturday, December 17, 2005

Did Jason really Do Lulu?

yes, its Friday night and I've stayed in, not because I'm lame but because I tried to tackle the nightmare that is Oxford Street in the fortnight before Christmas. I've never seen anything like it. I try to avoid it but my mother's present of a Topshop gift card was burning a hole in my pocket and there was a dress I had to have. I still don't like taking the tube but I'd rather not pay £8 congestion charge, even though I end up spending roughly the same on public transport. Ken Livingstone and NCP are not getting my hard scrimped cash. Oh no.

Anyway, to anyone who's confused by the title of this entry, allow me to explain. This evening, lying on my bean bag, smoking my joint (god, aren't I a cliche?) I watched Friday Night with Jonathan Ross, well, flipping between that and Jimmy Carr on Channel 4 to be honest. The first couple of guests didn't really interest me, I was waiting for the big guns, Take That. Ooh I used to love them. Not in the screaming, jumping up and down, my face covered in eyeliner tattoos at sweaty stadium tours kinda love, no. Thank God, at the time I was still too young for all of that. Anyway, I digress. So there they all are, crammed onto JR's ugly-beautiful sofa like a bunch of good looking sardines when and I'm not entirely sure how (that would be the weed) but the topic of Lulu came up.

The (much) older singer had released a single, relight my fire with them many eons ago, back when I was still in pigtails. For years there were rumours that one of the guys from the group had slept with Lulu but noone ever really knew for sure who precisely it was. Tonight, after a bit of to-ing and fro-ing between Jason and Howard, it was revealed that it was in fact Jason. I'd always had money on it being Robbie, but fair play.

Finally, as many of you may have noticed, I haven't been posting in the last week. This is because I am back in London. This directly hinders me in all internet activities as:

1. I am on dial-up and I am not a patient person. AOL likes to send me broadband literature but will they give me broadband? No.

2. The only computers that AOL will allow onto the internet are the two macs in our lives, my mother's laptop and the new pretty G5, which for all the speed I'm seeing on my connection may as well be one of those monstrous beasts from the 80s. I also hate macs. I was raised on windows and damn it, I'm forever enslaved to Bill Gates. The keyboard is weird and feels too small, there's no right-click button on the mouse and... my list of complaints is endless.

For these reasons, you probably won't hear much from me over the festive season as it takes me about three times as long on this thing than it does on my lovely little Toshiba laptop. There is the possibility that we may acquire broadband over the course of the next few weeks but I doubt it.

Enjoy the holidays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home