Thursday, January 12, 2006

Old Hat

Meh. I didn't do anything exciting today. I wish I could say that I did but the truth is I spent most of the morning and a considerable chunk of the afternoon glued to my computer trying to come up with a questionnaire that I could show my dissertation supervisor and a list of questions to make it look like I'd actually done something over the christmas break.

I managed to blag it at least and got in and out within the space of ten minutes, smiling all the way, perhaps a little too widely. My other highlight was the Lost finale, although it all seemed a bit predictable. Like Sawyer and the others were really going to sail to safety. C'mon, this is primetime - who are they trying to kid?

Anyway, since I have no interesting stories, I present, for your entertainment (if you can call it that), some pictures that I found when unloading my digital camera today. They're from the explosion at Hemel Hempstead Oil Refinery. My room faces north so all day we just watched the smoke cloud creep towards us ominously.

Enjoy, something more coherent and vaguely interesting tomorrow.





clouds of smoke seeping in...




getting darker...




smoke shadow hits...




but we got some nice sunsets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home