Monday, January 09, 2006

One Happy Camper

And we're back, live from a cold flat in a coastal town. I'm in a reasonably good mood today, despite the fact that it was the first day back. This is for a number of reasons, which I feel the need to list because I can, so nyah.

1. I got 70% [a FIRST!!!!] for my English Worldwide essay. I wrote this essay in the space of a day, whilst high as a kite. I forgot to do basic essay requirements like double spacing, so you can imagine what the content was like... However, I have lived in denial over the whole of christmas, unable to read my copy of it for fear of the potential cringe factor. Apparently, the more fucked I am, the better I am at academia these days.

2. The lecture hall wasn't freezing. Having spent most of last term shivering the in the expanses of FH140, I was pleasantly surprised when I strolled in and realised it was warm enough not to require my usual polar explorer/michelin man ensemble, which had previously somewhat hindered my note taking.

3. Sainsburys. Knowing I now have food in the fridge and no longer have to survive on stale biscuits and takeaway as I have for the last two days makes me very happy.

4. I fleeced everyone on textbooks. Bwahahaha. A little sleuthing online found me a reading list for my new English course, thus meaning I had the advantage on everyone else, who get the reading list tomorrow. I snuck off to the library BEFORE the lecture and hunted down as many long loan copies as I could. Bwahahaha again. For once, I have textbooks. Bwahaha.

So yeah, I'm happy. Now I'm going to make myself even happier by watching Neighbours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home