Thursday, January 26, 2006

Polit-ICK-al Issues

Another day, another scandal for the Lib Dems, or so it seems. Today, it was Simon Hughes' turn, as he came out of the closet. Although, frankly, I don't see what the huge hoo-ha's all about. I don't quite see how being gay, or bisexual, or whatever could possibly affect his job as spokesman or leader of the Liberal Democrats. Whilst every time a lesbian joins the ranks of MPs, there are cries of liberation and equality for all, when one of those MPs comes out- wherever willingly or not- you would think that the moral apocalypse is on our doorsteps.

Okay, so he lied. Twice.

But I'm sure that there are very few people out there who have never ever lied, even a little bit. And I'm sure that there are a lot of people who have lied to themselves about their sexuality. I've had many friends who over the course of the last few years have come out, and most haven't had the easiest of rides in doing so.

So I say, cut this guy some slack. Unlike Mark Oaten- who's relationship with a male prostitute had the nation and Mrs Oaten choking over their cornflakes last Sunday- he's a single guy and surely the Liberal Democrats should be a bit more, well, liberal about it. Fair play, kick Oaten's seedy ass to the curb and let's face it, noone's going to agree to Charles Kennedy running the country as long as there's a hip flask in his suit pocket but I say, let Hughes stay. Surely you'll get at least a slightly bigger slice of the pink vote that way and let the grannies get their gay-rage on. Or don't. Doesn't affect me. read it on reuters.co.uk

I don't vote LibDem anyway.

Away from politics, I was cruising good ole perezhilton today and couldn't help but check out Lance Bass's myspace. You remember Lance Bass right? He's the podgier blonde from NSync. Just check out all the sucking up in the comments section.

I'd love to stay and bitch but I have a dissertation outline that ain't gonna write itself, although I wish it would.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home