Friday, February 17, 2006

Retraction and Paul Weller

[edited from original post]

What is yesterday's scandal is today's virtual binliner. I admit that it was harsh to post something like Life On Parade and I have relented and removed the entire post and all related matter on the subject. And I'd like to take this opportunity to issue a formal apology to those involved.

Now, on to other things. Last night in the pub, my mobile suddenly began to vibrate violently on the table. Considering it was 10:30 at night and my mother, I figured it must be something important so I picked it up, heart in my mouth. The following exchange took place:

My Mother: IT WAS PETER WELLER!
Me: You what?
MM: In the lift on Saturday in Selfridges. The man you recognised. Are you not watching The Brits?
Me: No, I'm in the pub.
MM: Well, it was Peter Weller!
Me: Don't you mean Paul Weller?
MM: Possibly.

So, you get the idea. On Saturday, on our way back up to the car park, we shared a lift with Paul Weller and I believe, his children. I wasn't entirely sure if it was him and my mother had no idea, but it turns out I was right and it was indeed Paul Weller.

I love going to Selfridges, you're pretty much guaranteed to see someone famous drifting about. In the past, I've seen Will Young in the women's CK jeans section [odd], Derren Brown [really weird eyes] and I've walked smack into Denise Van Outen.

Ooh how exciting.