Thursday, January 19, 2006

A Greater Lack of Sense of Self

Blargh. No posts for a few days, sorry. Had a few personal-life issues to deal with and whilst I admit that spilling my guts on here would probably garner more interest than your average post, I'm yet to make sense of it all myself and I don't think public speculation would really be a positive experience.

Anyway, besides that, my 4000 word essay deadline is creeping ever closer. It's now less than a week and I've suddenly been struck by a panic that my topic could end up getting me zero points because it's kind of within the same band as my presentation last term on Pretty Woman. So, more stress.

I hate sitting on the edge of panic. Usually, I wouldn't stress about all of this but when your head's all over the place it becomes just that much more difficult to write an essay. Focus, Ant, Focus has become my mantra in the last 48 hours whenever I find myself wandering in dazed circles in the living room, when I should be discussing the importance of heel heights and makeup in relation to a character. ARGH! I wish someone would just slap me and tell me to get my act together. This essay's worth a shit load of marks and I just really need to sit down and start typing. I'm going back to London this weekend for my best friend's 21st birthday weekend and I know that I might as well leave my laptop here for all the work I'll get done there. That leaves tomorrow, Monday afternoon and Tuesday before its due in. fuckfuckfuck.

Where's the will power when you need it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home