Friday, January 20, 2006

Oh God, there's MORE?!

Right. OK. Phew. More focused, back on form, once again my life is back in order. Well, at least to some degree. I'm still relatively in the dark, but with the aid of a really small torch. With weak batteries, generic ones. But it gives me some hope. Whilst I'm aware of the need to tread gently, I can at least more or less see where I'm going. Okay, I swear I'm done with the metaphors and similes.

I don't know why I decided to come back on for the third time in one night, I guess I'm just bored and don't want to sit in front of Big Brother Live, intriguing as it is. I figure it's better to bash my keyboard around and keep my brain functioning, rather than the mush it otherwise turns into. I like to write.

When I was backpacking, I filled up three medium sized notebooks with all the shit that ran through my head, vague notions of Jack Kerouac running through my head. Holly and I would also spend many hours writing entries for the oz blog, sometimes when we were drunk, Holly lying on the floor, drunkenly dictating to me while I desperately tried not to fall off my chair.

There's something very comforting in writing. Sometimes, I have trouble articulating exactly what I'm thinking. I guess it happens to most people at some time or other. It caused a very big problem in one of my previous relationships where I was very reluctant to make my feelings known on various topics for fear of my ex-boyfriend's reactions. Since, I've become more vocal but sometimes, you fall into a hole and in my case, my pen is the thing that digs me out of it all. Call me weird, call me what you will. Ironic as I'm an English Language student. Ha.

I should just stop blogging now. It's dangerously addictive, like myspace. I am, however going to add small town records to the links section because they deserve some free publicity. Remember, I'm a linking whore so get in touch if you want a piece of the pie too.

Anyway, enough from me for tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home