Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Out of The Frying Pan

...And into the bloody fire. It really is. I finally polished off my really rather awful essay this morning and handed it in. I had an hour of respite, where I went to Sainsbury's as I had no food, bar a tin of beans. I came home and for the first time in almost a week read the newspaper and then heat magazine because I felt it only fair.

However, I now face the brutal reality of two eight thousand word dissertation. That's a LOT of work. For my english dissertation meeting on Friday morning, I'm meant to have a sentence outline ready and waiting, whilst I still have to squeeze in watching the film and doing the reading for my Hollywood seminar on Friday. If I live til Friday, it all starts again on Saturday with the catchup from the seminar I missed this week and a presentation for Tuesday for my Discourse in Public Life course.

Whoever said students have it easy apparently never completed their degree.

Blargh, okay, enough complaining. Since I can do little else in my own capacity, here's a few things that put a smile on my face today:

1. Michael Jackson goes shopping dressed as a woman, complete with pictures. He just gets weirder and weirder.

2. Popworld is one of my favourite programmes on TV because Simon Amstell is such a great interviewer. Heat published some of his best interviews in a collective in issue 357. My favourite has got to be with the sweaty poster child for why not to smoke crack, Pete Doherty:

Simon Amstell: What happens in the video? And please speak loudly and in an alert manner.
Pete Doherty: We might ask you, you're making it.
S.A.: No...No, this is an interview.
P.D.:Oh.
S.A.:The video. Did you know you were making a video?
P.D.: [silence. Pete sticks gaffer tape to his hair.]
S.A.: Do you ever feel like you're right in the middle of a car crash?



Drugs are bad, children.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home