Sunday, February 19, 2006

Hungover Sunday

Ah, the morning after the night before, don't you just love it? I woke up for the fifth day running at 4 a.m., convinced I was blind as yet again, I'd fallen asleep in my contacts. I really have to stop making a habit of it, I blame Quizmania on ITV. The boyfriend and I have become late night quiz show addicts, betting each other junk food for possible answers.

Anyway, last night we hit Wetherspoons full gusto and with much glee, we discovered that they were once again stocked up on Kopparberg. Joy. Whilst I'm usually a staunch investor in the Jack Daniels corporation but I could be swayed if Kopparberg was made available widely. For those of you yet to sip this sweet nectar, Kopparberg is a Swedish cider, previously only available in Pear flavour but now also available in Apple. You can imagine how excited we got when we found out about this new flavour- everyone had to try it. Our table was soon littered with large empty brown bottles and everyone was slurring.

The entire top floor of Wetherspoons got closed off whilst we were there, apparently there had been a stabbing or fight or somewhat and what was previously a bar became a crime scene, which meant that those from our group who were late in arriving got forced to stand in the freezing cold outside and queue as downstairs was now bursting at the seams with all those from upstairs.

We decided to leave after a while and head to another pub that would hopefully be less crowded. Oh, how wrong we were. We arrived at our destination to be greeted with steamed up windows with bodies pressed against them, writhing in the semi darkness to the absolutely booming music. Up til that point, I had never realised how nice it was to be in a non-music pub, which was doubley reinforced when one of the more worse for wear of our party decided that I was to be their set of ears for the rest of the night. Despite the boyfriend's best efforts to rescue me, I was effectively trapped for the rest of the night with the sauced one bellowing over the loud music directly into my left ear.

I wish I could have offered some valid opinion on what they were saying but in my own inebriated state, I just focused on the cigarette on my hand and tried to look interested.

Anyhoo, I'm going to recover from my hangover. When will I learn not to mix my drinks?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home