Monday, February 20, 2006

Library rant

I hate the library. Every Monday, after my lecture, I traipse in with a bag of books that I've taken out the previous week and probably not read, only to replace them with a fresh set of the same. However, as it's now at week 7 of term, the battle for essay books has begun. Throughout the library, people are hiding books, stuffing the ones that they need in completely different sections to as to throw others off the scent.

Of course, that's provided that the books exist in the first place. For my English course, there are 4 copies of the core textbook to share between 60-odd students, which meant that after the first lecture of the course, it was pretty much an all out scramble to the library to get hold of the holy grail.

So, I've finally decided to cave and buy the books I need. I can no longer bring myself to troll the dusty shelves of the library for books that apparently don't exist or are completely unattainable.

Roll on, the ever increasing overdraft.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home