Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The Great Ribena Berry Mystery 2: Revenge of the Berry

So, following my previous post, I suffered another bout of procrastinitus and found myself trawling google to find out about the Ribena berries.

I headed over to ribena.co.uk to see if they held the answers. And in some respects, they do, although I can't link directly to any of them, since they are of the belief that flash is cool, so instead you'll either have to go find it all yourself or read what I found below:

It turns out that they have 5000 acres of blackcurrants growing for them in the UK. That's a lot of blackcurrants. In order to impact on their percentage claim, we would therefore need to get about 500 acres of land and wait for three years until the blackcurrant plants mature. And in those three years, doubtless that GlaxosmithKline will probably acquire more land and more blackcurrants until they are emperors of the darkened berry. It's a fruitless battle, pardon the pun.

Big Corporation 1, Liberators of the British Blackcurrant 0.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home