Sunday, March 05, 2006

An evening with Jack Johnson (and Elle Macpherson)

I'm back. Been absent for a few days as I was trying to get various things sorted before I went back to London over the weekend. Should've mentioned that. Oops. We still don't have broadband at my London home because AOL doesn't do broadband for macs. Great.

Anyway, I went back to London to see Jack Johnson at the Hammersmith Apollo, which was wicked. Damien Marley came out to do a song, which pretty much made one of my friend's weekends and I have to say, I've never seen a more enthusiastic crowd, literally.

Jack walks up to the mike, crowd goes wild. Jack fiddles with his guitar, crowd goes wild. Lights change from purple to green, crowd goes wild. You get the idea.

But in all fairness, I feel they had just cause. It was one of only a few gigs that I've been to where every song was note-for-note perfect and where I didn't feel I'd been jipped. £22.50 plus all of the ridiculous service charges is a lot to pay for a gig, so we couldn't quite believe when we got a full two hours of Mr Johnson's time, with a selection from all his albums, unlike most main acts that play half an hour of their new album, then one old song, if you're lucky.

We also had the privilege of having Elle Macpherson, with mystery-quite-fit man, dancing along two feet in front of us. Oddly, she was wearing sunglasses on top of her head indoors, at night, in a dark auditorium, and didn't clap after any songs, even though she seemed to be having a good time, dancing along. Weird. Once you're famous yourself, is it no longer required that you applaud?

I'll post some pictures once I've unloaded my camera.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home