Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Emo scene kids and more work. As always.

With a hangover, comes guilt and with guilt, comes the need to do penance in the form of dissertation writing. You may've- but probably haven't- noticed my absence recently. This is because the gigantic pile of work that has been threatening me for sometime finally carried out it's promise and has all but eliminated my social life.

I had to give my final presentation on Tuesday and rather than spend the previous weekend working on it (as would have been wise), I instead chose to do a bum breaking 12 hours in front of my laptop last Sunday working on my English dissertation. It meant that my presentation for my other class was pretty shit in comparison to most but by Thursday, I had pretty much finished my dissertation. It now only needs tweaking, and can therefore quite happily take a back seat in the grand scheme of things.

And although I wasn't best pleased about the idea of doing a presentation this week, that too is now also done and dusted, meaning the attached essay can now join the english dissertation in the kiddie seats and so I grudgingly accept that it was a good idea.

All that remains now is another 8000 words, so once again, it appears that I'll be spending the majority of the following week alternating between the stack of books I acquired at the library yesterday and my laptop. ARGH!

However, this is not to say that I don't allow myself a little bit of fun once in a while. I love me a bit of myspace cruising, but clearly not to the extent of some people. And so, it is with much chortling that I pass on to you, dear reader The First Annual Myspace Stupid Haircut Awards and their spawn, The Second Annual Myspace Stupid Haircut Awards.

Enjoy your weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home