Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The 100th post

So, not only is the 100th post, it's also the POST OF FREEDOM! This morning, when I woke up, I was no longer a slave to forced knowledge. I cast off the shackles of higher education and instead, crossed my fingers and began the ritual of praying for the best. My final essay went in after much confusion to do with title forms and then the afternoon saw the final exam I will ever sit. Although, I haven't really sat that many while at Uni, it seems to be a bit hit and miss.

So. Guess that's it. I'm no longer a student. I have no more studies to be interrupted. But until the end of June when the fruits of our labours are graded, re-graded and classified and in the eyes of the NUS discount, I shall at least remain in part a slave to the institution at which I have spent the last three years supposedly toiling. Which in a way, I suppose I have. I have perfected the art of the lie in, collected several big library fines, learned to cope with whole new types of mould and acquired minor skills in electrianism and plumbing and a new appreciation of dishwashers amongst other things.

Today, I have also gained a new appreciation for the simpler forms of technology. Since getting my last new phone about this time last year, I had various issues with its lack of delivery of messages, crazy flipping display and lack of technology. So, last week when my upgrade date rolled round, I called up my provider to see what they could do. The results was that I ordered what seemed like the very spiffy Nokia N70. It finally arrived amongst much rejoicing on my part and admittedly, a little bit of over-enthusiastic package tearing.

Ooooh I thought as I held the lovely chrome phone with massive display in my hands. Niiice. But then my eyes drifted down. Yes, the screen may be big but the keys are absolutely miniscule. Now, I've had phones with small keys before but a 4 year old would have issues with these. If I were male and in possession of larger digits, I would be even more displeased. At least I have nails to poke with.

I also think it has too many buttons. Way too many. I keep on accidentally knocking all of the tiny ones on the side and being whizzed off to some random menus. Suddenly, I find myself drawn back to my old dodgy flip phone but I shall persist and give the N70 time. Perhaps it'll grow on me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home