Saturday, May 06, 2006

Flying visit

Right, so I planned to blog yesterday since I haven't in a while but then I fell asleep mid-afternoon and by the time I woke up, I'd forgotten everything. I tried again but got distracted, wandered off and basically, yeah, I couldn't be arsed. But since it's saturday morning and I'm still waiting for the sleep-hangover to clear from my foggy brain, so I figured I'd come and talk gibberish on here. Rather than talk in detail, how about some short things going on? Yes, I can cope with that...

BOYCOTT TOMKAT

Yes, it seems that the publicity trainwreck that is TomKat has finally lost all credibility and the people want Cruise outta H'wood faster than you can say 'contract relationship'. And what the people want, they get! Personally, I can think of nothing worse than carrying on bankrolling this fruit loop. At least when I went to see War of the Worlds (yes, I admit it- although it was Spielberg), it was free because the projector for the film we WANTED to see was broken. Did anyone see that programme on Channel 5 about them last night? Aah, trashy TV.


THE NEW POPWORLD
...is poo. Come back Simon and Miquita, all is forgiven! Yes, even you Miquita, although Simon has nothing to apologise for, other than making me spray tea over the floor from laughing too hard once. Alexa Chung may look pretty but where's the irreverance?! The comic timing? Note to model: pensioner gag from the Ordinary Boys shoot? Not funny. Back to the catwalk with you, young lady.

So, we've had the bitching about entertainment, lets move onto something more controversial than Saturday morning telly, Politics.

SO MUCH FOR THE TRAM?
I don't really care much for politics, I'll be honest, although I do get the odd rage once in a while. My main source of rage is usually primarily directed at the Mayor of London, Ken Livingstone. I have never had such a dislike of one man, what with congestion charging, traffic light fixing, bendy buses and so forth. But the pinnacle of his idiocy seemed to be in his insistance that a tram in west london would be the solution to all of our traffic problems. It would not be. It would divert traffic onto even narrower residential roads than the Uxbridge Road, would require beautiful old buildings, trees and local businesses to be demolished- the list is endless so I'll stop now. Anyway, the majority of boroughs that are affected have been held by Labour for a LONG time. Not anymore. So Ken, kiss your tram goodbye.

Right. Enough. This has been WAY more than a flying visit. There is work to be done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home