Sunday, May 07, 2006

Publicity Trainwreck

I've broken off briefly from my day of analysing cross dressing comedies, there is only so much Robin Williams one person can take in a day. So, continuing on yesterday's theme of slating Tom Cruise, lets discuss those eager beaver Scientologists who want to see The Cruiser elevated to a God-like status.

First it was keeping Dianetics in the bestseller lists, then last month we all heard the story about Parada magazine's Tom Cruise poll being rigged, right? Well, according to dear ole perez, the trend continues, extending to MI:3 ticket sales. Scientologists really aren't doing anything to endear themselves to the general public, are they?

I'd like to take a minute to point out that I didn't always laugh at Tom Cruise. There was a time when I could almost be convinced. Of course, I am no longer 12 years old, and Pat Kingsley is no longer TC's publicist. But maybe its too late, not even the new publicists he's hired can fix the horrible PR disaster that he has single handedly managed to get himself into.

They say there's no such thing as bad publicity but in this case, I gotta disagree.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home